Terms and Conditions
1888 Entrepreneurship Center PLC a private limited company incorporated under the laws of the Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia, whose principal place of business is 5th Floor of the Editor Building, House No. New, W03, Bole SC, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia which is the proprietor and developer of Triopia (www.triopia.travel).
Triopia is an online e-tourism platform developed to digitally list, market and sell tourism services, tour and travel packages, activities, events, flights, and other related tour and travel activities.
- Triopia will confirm the time frame for which your offer is binding. The Traveler receives a booking confirmation email with a description of the contract as soon as the booking transaction is completed (including successful payment). In some cases, we may hold your reservation until the maximum number of tour participants is reached, and Triopia will provide the payment link as soon as the booking is verified with the tour operator (supplier).
Booking on request
- In some cases, you will be advised that a booking is "inquire booking" (which is usually the case with trips booked shortly before the start of the trip). In this scenario, the Triopia requires up to 5 Business days to validate all aspects of the trips. In the event of an “Inquire Booking”, the Traveler is committed to the offer until Triopia accepts or rejects it.
- The cancellation and payment conditions apply from the moment you submit your request. If your request is approved, you will be charged the entire amount. If the Triopia is unable to validate your request, you will be refunded in full for any sums previously paid.
- Special demands made by the Traveler are not binding unless confirmed by Triopia. However, a binding performance obligation is only accessible with Triopia's confirmation.
- You agree to provide all essential personal information in a timely, full, and true way when using the Triopia Services. In particular, you will submit upfront information on any situations and limits influencing Triopia and the Operator's (service supplier's) execution of the services, such as specific needs like food intolerance, limited mobility, or state of health.
- Travelers who make a booking using Triopia's Platform for themselves or on behalf of third parties are presumed to be the client and, in the absence of any other declaration, accept the duties deriving from their use of the platform under these terms and conditions. The Traveler agrees to accept responsibility for any bookings and travel reservations made by anybody under his or her control. The traveler declares that any information given by third parties, whether directly or indirectly, is true, complete, and accurate, and that he or she is not an unaccompanied minor.
- The Traveler agrees to review all contractual documents transmitted via Triopia's Services (e.g., travel contract, booking confirmation, vouchers) for factual correctness and completeness (spelling errors, e.g., name, date of birth, special travel requirements) and to report any recognizable errors or defects in Triopia's activity immediately.
- Travelers with mobility issues, pregnant travelers, and travelers requiring special medical care must notify Triopia's of their unique needs upon trip confirmation.
- The Traveler should register any concerns in writing through Triopia Services, specifically the trip feedback Page.
- The Traveler agrees to pay the contractually agreed-upon fees on time and to indemnify and hold Triopia responsible for any damage caused by the delay.
- By clicking "Book now," you are establishing a process of acceptance for the tour activity you have chosen. Accepting your offer ("Booking") completes the Trips contract. Triopia saves the contract text and your booking data in order to process the contractual agreement.
- To purchase and confirm any trips using Triopia's platform, you must pay in full, and the 10% fee is non-refundable.
- A third-party payment processor securely transfers funds from your credit/debit card or bank account to Triopia's bank account. Any money transmitted to Triopia's will constitutes a payment of the trip or service booking price by you in complete settlement of such due and payable amount; you cannot retrieve such paid monies.
- As you see the net rates on our platform, you will be liable for any transaction costs. Failure to pay the net rate is deemed an incomplete booking, which means that your reservation has not yet been confirmed.
Trip cancellations and refunds
- If Triopia does not confirm the requested booking or cancels an existing Booking, all authorizations made on the Traveler's (credit or debit) card will be released immediately and/or all sums collected will be reimbursed to the Traveler within one month.
- Once the trips are confirmed and booked, the cancellation and payment terms of each travel package apply. Please carefully read the crucial information on the "booking page" and in your booking confirmation on the terms and conditions of each tour package. Any cancellations must go through Triopia’s platform.
- Where the “customer” initiates refund through cancellation or other causes, payment, transaction and administration fees will be deducted from the customer.
- The platform provider shall charge a 10% penalty in addition to transaction fees that may be charged by 3rd parties when processing a refund. In addition, Triopia will process any refund associated with cancellation done in accordance with each package’s cancellation period.
- Trip-related complaints and claims from travelers will be handled via Triopia's booking page.
Insurance for package travel
Unexpected events might occur while scheduling trips in advance. Triopia suggests that all travelers get the necessary insurance policies, which are not included in any of the tours offered on our platform.
All travelers, including any accompanying dependents or partners, must be protected by fully comprehensive travel and medical insurance for the length of their trip as a condition of booking. This insurance should offer coverage for, but is not limited to, the following scenarios:
- Tour cancellation and postponement
- Expenses for emergency evacuation
- Medical costs
- Repatriation costs and Personal luggage, money, and possessions are damaged, stolen, or lost.
- Triopia is not liable for any accident that happened during the trip and for acts of force majeure (Cyber Crime, earthquakes, pandemics, floodings, etc).
- Triopia as an intermediary is particularly not liable for the tour provider performance under the trips contract, for the provision of a service that is outside of the scope of the booked trip and for additional services booked by the Traveler on his own risk and account after departure.
- Triopia is not accountable for booking mistakes (such as typographical errors) committed by the Traveler or unavoidable and unforeseen circumstances.
- Triopia is not responsible for any property loss or damage, as well as the cancellation or postponement of any trip.
- Sickness, weather conditions, war, strikes, riots, and/or any other cause of any kind, whether caused and whether as a consequence of carelessness or otherwise, Triopia is not accountable.
- Triopia accepts no liability for the death, injury, loss, and/or damage to any person or property resulting from any act or omission, whether negligent or not.
The contact information (E-mail address) you last placed into your Triopia account details is the delivery address for alerts and any official correspondence from Triopia to you. You are required to immediately update any changes.
Contact and Complaints
The Traveler can also submit messages, requests, and complaints to Triopia, the marketplace, on the performance of a trip. Triopia will immediately transmit those messages, requests, and complaints to the Operator.
Information and remarks on Triopia's collection and use of your personal data can be found here .
This agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia.